Saturday, November 3, 2007

Chill pill

The day started out really cold :( it is sunny but the wind is really strong and cold, effects of the tropical storm Noel perhaps?

I think I have run into those "metro flees" again that I met in May as my hands and arms are itching all over again, and like last time there is no metro around here! So greetings to my doctor!!!!

It seems that people take a chill pill with their morning coffee around here :) People are really calm and happy - take their time with their daily tasks and have time for each other.

The city itself is really nice - old houses (with some incredible detail at the ironwork covering the doors and windows) and almost no people at all :) that is kind of funny as there is supposed to be 100000 people living around here...
But they might be working as it is Friday :)

Walked under the old trees that have that funny Spanish moss hanging from them, saw a wedding at the park, the park where Forrest Gump told his story and to top that off - there were fireworks (in our honor of course).

Some strange local habits/laws: you are not allowed to drink alcohol from the bottle nor can but can drink from a cup.
Since they love seafood here they did not know what else to do with the oyster shells than mix it with pavement and cover the sidewalk with it.
Everything closes really early (at 7PM).

And finally the jet lag caught up with me (I was expecting it at some point but not this late... Marion told me already that I was too hyper compared to my usual self) so I had to take a long nap while Marion explored some more of Savannah.

We had dinner outside today, under a huge magnolia tree - it was quite late but as the wind calmed down at some point the air was still nice and warm (like back home but in July) and the food here is incredible!


PS. I might not be coming home as Marion is trying to arrange my marriage :) one of the potential husbands is from Nepal....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh la la - või et peigmees Nepal'ist ;) Arvesta, et mina tahan siis üks lilleneiu olla...

Lammas said...

aga palun :)