Saturday, April 12, 2008

San Francisco

So after 2 nights of not sleeping I arrived to SFO and Elo's friend Ken was nice enough to pick me up really early in the morning :) so I got to wake up Elo who was still sleeping (that should not be a surprise to people who really know her)!
Took a little nap and then off to town - it was the first nice day after many rainy ones :) so at least I picked the right day to arrive.

San Francisco is still the same as I left it year ago when I was here the last time :)

Guess what we had for dinner :) sushi of course!

And then I had the real sleep of my life - Elo woke me up next day at 1 pm as she thought I was dead (as I was not moving at all) and I thought that it was 9 am and I could sleep some couple of hours more :)))

But no - off to the city and then in the evening to the airport, again.
We actually met an Estonian waitress at a cafe where we went for a breakfast/lunch/dinner :)

When I arrived to the airport I had a major deja vu - American Airlines had grounded all their MD90 aircraft as they did not pass some kind of technical thingy - the guy at the check-in actually asked me to come behind the counter and see for myself what the flights looked like - not good at all :( they were looking for volunteers actually to get off the flights....

After the first 2 flights left without me I managed to get on the last one - lucky me, got the last seat!
I was seated between a really old and talkative guy and a younger one who was sleeping the entire flight - and 5 hours later I arrived to Washington - happy days are here again as the weather is nice and friends even nicer :))

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Honey,
so i thought this was going to be a vacation for you!!!!
By the sound of things, life has been like a living hell!!!
Hopefully, that good friend of yours in D.C...;) will treat you with a wonderful and relaxing time!!!
Give my love to miss Busy, and enjoy!!!

Love ya